Learning AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 for Map Analyses textbook introduces the readers to AutoCAD Map 3D 2012, one of the world’s leading mapping software designed specifically to create and analyze drawing object data. In this textbook, the author emphasizes on the new ribbon interface, tools, options, and functionality of AutoCAD Map 3D that allow the users to perform complex geospatial analyses easily and effectively. Furthermore, the chapters in this textbook are arranged in a pedagogical sequence that makes it very effective in learning the features and capabilities of the software.
Some of the other salient features of this textbook are as follows:
- Coverage of All Important Concepts: The textbook consists of 11 chapters covering the basic as well as the advanced concepts of Map 3D such as FDO–Data Connect, COGO, Layer Styling, Object Classification, Map Editing, Map Book Creation, Writing expressions, Building logical models to name a few. The text is supported by about 500 flow diagrams, tables, images, contour maps, and screen captures to make various concepts easily and understandable.
- Tutorial Approach: The author has adopted the tutorial point-of-view and learn-by-doing approach in the textbook. This approach helps the users and perform various operations on the GIS and drawing datasets with ease.
- Real-World Projects as Tutorials: The author has used about 40 real-world projects as tutorials. This enables the readers to relate the tutorials in the book to the data used in various professional and government organizations. In addition, there are about 25 exercises that are also based on real-world projects and they allow the users to apply the skills learned in the text.
- Tips and Notes: Additional information is provided throughout the textbook in the form of tips and notes.
- Learning Objectives: The first page of every chapter summarizes the topics that are covered in it.
- Self-Evaluation, Test Review Questions and Exercises: Every chapter ends with a Self-Evaluation test so that the users can assess their knowledge of the chapter. The answers to the Self-Evaluation test are given at the end of the chapter. Also, Review Questions and Exercises are given at the end of the chapters that can be used by the Instructors as test questions and exercises.
Free Resources For Students and Faculty:
- Online Technical support by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- All data files used in tutorials, exercises*, and illustrations
- Customizable PowerPoint presentations of all chapters*
- Instructors Guide with solutions to all review questions and exercises*
(* For faculty only)
Prof. Sham Tickoo is professor of Manufacturing Engineering at Purdue University Calumet, USA where he has taught design, drafting, CAD, and other engineering courses for over nineteen years. Before joining Purdue University, Prof. Tickoo has worked as a machinist, quality control engineer, design engineer, engineering consultant, and software developer. He has received a US patent for his invention Self Adjusting Cargo Organizer for Vehicles. Professor Tickoo also leads the team of authors at CADCIM Technologies to develop worldclass teaching and learning resources for Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) and related technologies. The team at CADCIM Technologies, under the leadership of Professor Sham Tickoo, Purdue University Calumet, USA, consists of engineering professionals, experienced authors, and editors who have extensive experience in CAD/CAM, manufacturing, design engineering, and teaching. CADCIM Technologies is one of the world s leading providers of quality textbooks on CAD/CAM, Computer Programming, GIS, and Animation. It also provides free teaching and learning resources to faculty and students. Working with the mission of providing reliable, costeffective and competitive engineering solutions to our customers, the company has established an unrivalled market worldwide through its textbooks, online training, and consulting services. Some of our bestsellers include the textbooks on NX, CATIA, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Revit Building, and AutoCAD LT. Apart from being well appreciated for the simplicity of c.
There is no companion content with this title