Take your PHP programming skills deep into Windows—and build PHP applications that run efficiently and effectively with an array of Windows technologies. Packed with practical step-by-step exercises, this in-depth guide teaches you how to use PHP modules and functions to interact with applications such as Microsoft® Office, Microsoft Exchange Server, and Microsoft SharePoint®.
Discover how to:
- Apply best practices for running PHP applications in a Windows environment
- Install and set up PHP to run on Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Use Microsoft SQL Server® as the backend relational database for PHP applications
- Program PHP to work with Office documents
- Develop PHP applications to interact with Active Directory®
- Connect Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SharePoint services with PHP
- Build Web services with PHP that operate on Windows-based servers
Arno Hollosi works as coordinator in the University Department for Internet technologies at CAMPUS 02, Graz, Austria. After studying telematics, he worked at the Institute for Applied Data Processing, where he focused on cryptography, PKI, and XML. Later, he worked as technical leader at the Federal Chancellery of the Republic of Austria, where he was responsible for the IT strategy, and later as a systems architect and quality manager for Siemens international projects.