Maya 2012 In Simple Steps provides a comprehensive, step-by-step introduction to the world of 3D computer graphics and Autodesk Maya 2012. This book is an ideal introduction to the world of 3D animation and meant to enhance the skills required for 3D modeling. The improved Maya 2012 helps to mold your imagination into digital creations. Autodesk Maya is the most popular 3D tool among animators and 3D artists to create 3D computer graphics and realistic animations. This book describes the core concepts of 3D modeling and animation in a method that is easy to understand. It helps you to create your own 3D models and animate them with step-by-step instructions and hands-on examples. This book also explains how to use shaders, textures, and lights to achieve realistic rendering effects using the mental ray renderer for Maya. Finally, the content in this book is presented in such a way that it will be equally helpful to the beginners as well as the advance users.
In this book, you learn to:
- Explain various stages of CG workflow
- Navigate in the Maya 2012 interface and use various UI elements
- Create and modify objects using the polygonal and NURBS modeling techniques
- Apply shaders and texture on object’s surface for realistic outputs
- Explain various animation techniques
- Animate objects using the keyframe animation technique
- Create various effects, such as glow, fog, and lens flare
- Use a camera to create motion blur and depth of field effects
- Illuminate a scene with caustics, GI, and final gather
- Output your scene using the mental ray renderer of Maya 2012
The proficient team at Kogent Learning Solutions Inc. and Dreamtech Press has seized the market of computer books bringing excellent content in software development to the fore. The team is committed to excellence—excellence in quality of content; excellence in the dedication of its authors and editors; excellence in the attention to detail; and excellence in understanding the needs of their readers.
There is no companion content with this title