MAYA 2013 IN SIMPLE STEPS provides an in-depth, step-by-step approach to learn and master the skills required to create Three-Dimensional (3D) content using Maya 2013. This book focuses on the key concepts of 3D computer graphics and introduces you to the world of 3D modeling and 3D animation. The book begins with an introduction to all the new and enhanced features of Maya 2013, such as interoperability, nHair simulation system, Retime Tool, improved Viewport 2.0, HumanIK, the Extrude command, and file referencing.This book follows an easy-to-understand and systematic approach. It is supplemented with practical examples and screenshots to explain various concepts of Maya 2013. With the help of this book, you can create your own 3D models, apply materials, add lights, and animate them. This book also explains how to achieve realistic rendering effects using the mental ray renderer. The content of this book is presented in such a way that it will be equally helpful to beginners as well as professionals.
This book covers:
- An introduction to the various stages of CG workflow: pre-production, production, and post-production
- The new and improved features that are included in Maya 2013
- A comprehensive explanation about the various Maya 2013 User Interface (UI) elements and navigation techniques
- The two foremost modeling techniques used in Maya, polygonal and NURBS, and the creation of objects using these modeling techniques
- The procedure to apply materials and maps on an object’s surface to create a realistic render
- A brief introduction to various animation techniques and the methods used to animate objects using the keyframe animation technique
- The procedures to create various effects, such as glow, fog, and lens flare using a combination of lights and renderer
- The creation of motion blur and depth of field effects using Maya cameras
- The creation techniques of caustics, Global Illumination (GI), and final gather that allows you to illuminate a scene
- The previewing techniques, such as motion trailing, ghosting, and playblasting, to preview and modify an animation
- The rendering process for the final output of a scene
The proficient team at Kogent Learning Solutions Inc. and Dreamtech Press has seized the market of computer books bringing excellent content in software development to the fore. The team is committed to excellence—excellence in quality of content; excellence in the dedication of its authors and editors; excellence in the attention to detail; and excellence in understanding the needs of their readers.
There is no companion content with this title