Take control of Visual Basic 2010 — from basic Windows® and Web development to building advanced multithreaded applications. Led by two Visual Basic experts — including a key member of the Visual Studio team — you’ll get in-depth reference on language concepts and features, and scenario-based guidance for putting Visual Basic to work.
Discover how to:
- Use Visual Basic for Windows Forms and Windows Presentation Foundation projects
- Apply best practices for using Visual Basic for Web development
- Work with language keywords and commands, and Microsoft .NET Framework types and namespaces
- Connect your applications to databases and bind to data
- Delve deep into Microsoft LINQ, including LINQ to XML
- Use Visual Basic to work with the Entity Framework
- Tackle threading, multitasking, and multiprocessor development and debugging
Sarika Calla Purohit is a Software Design Engineer Test Lead on the Visual Studio Languages team at Microsoft. She has been a member of the Visual Studio team for over eight years and has contributed to Visual Basic .Net since version 1.1. Most recently, her team was responsible for the Visual Basic IDE in Visual Studio 2010.
Klaus Löffelmann is a Microsoft MVP for Visual Basic .NET, and has been a professional software developer for over 20 years. He has written several books about Visual Basic, and is the owner and founder of ActiveDevelop in Lippstadt, Germany, a company specializing in software development, localization, technical literature and training/coaching with Microsoft technologies.