This book introduces the Java programming language and demonstrates with code examples the use of various Java programming concepts, such as control statements, packages, interfaces, and threads. Java is an object-oriented programming language that inherits its features from C++.The book covers all the features of Java 6.
- INTRODUCINGJAVA: Introduces OOP principles, features of Java, bytecode, and JVM.
- EXPLORINGTHEBASICPROGRAMMINGELEMENTS: Discusses primitive data types, variables, operators, and arrays.
- WORKING WITH CONTROL STATEMENTS: Demonstrates the implementation of selection statements, such as if. Else; iteration statements, such as for loop; and jump statements, such as break and continue.
- WORKING WITH OBJECTS AND CLASSES: Helps you to learn how to declare classes, create objects, use constructors, implement inheritance, use the super keyword, use the final keyword, overload and override methods, and declare abstract classes in Java.
- IMPLEMENTINGPACKAGESANDINTERFACES: Discusses access modifiers, packages in Java, setting the classpath, packages, and interfaces in Java.
- STRINGS HANDLING: Helps in learning how to work with string constructors, find the length of a string, perform special string operations, modify a string, search and compare strings, and use the StringBuffer class.
- EXCEPTIONS HANDLING AND I/O OPERATIONS: Discusses exceptions, types of exceptions, exception handling, and Input/output operations.
- WORKINGWITHGUI: Discusses Abstract Window Toolkit (AWT),AWT frames, applet and its life cycle, the Graphics class, and the Color class