Key features of the book :
- Provides simple, clear and concise language, which makes the book easy and enjoyable to read.
- Provides well-structured text and figures wherever required.
- Includes chapter objectives and advance organizer at the beginning of each chapter to describe what the reader would learn in the chapter.
- Includes comprehensive and detailed coverage of each topic to meet the requirements of the target audience, including postgraduates, undergraduates, and professionals.
• Overview of Open-Source Software
• Open Source Operating System
• System Administrator Tasks
• Network and Security Administration
• Shell Programming
• Open Source Tools Used in Lab
• Open Source Mobile Programming
• Review Exercises
• True and False
• Multiple Choice Questions
• Short Descriptive Questions
Prof. Dayanand Ambawade is working as the Head of Electronics & Telecommunication department at Sardar Patel Institute of Technology. His research area includes network architecture, protocols and their performance analysis, and traffic management. He is also interested in installation of Linux systems and integrating with Windows systems [SS-3], connecting heterogeneous networks with Samba, setting up necessary network services (DNS, SQUID, LDAP, DHCP, FTP, Telnet, Apache/PHP, and Mail), adding users to the Development Group Server with proper permissions, writing necessary scripts for the automation of taking weekly and daily backups.
Deven Shah is currently working as a Professor and Principal in one of the oldest engineering colleges affiliated to the Mumbai University. He is an Open Source Evangelist and pioneered Open Source based content in the engineering studies at the University level. In the year 2009, he created a Private Cloud by using the Open Source Technology in the college to demonstrate how to set up a Virtual Computing Lab. He has received IBM awards for his work on SOA security and the IBM Drona Award (2009). His projects have been selected in the top 20 best projects in the IBM’s Great Mind challenges for four consecutive years. He has authored several books on topics like security, networking, Linux, etc. He is a certified Vulnerability Assessor and has developed various courses by using Open Source Technologies for leading computer institutes in India. He has also carried out various government-funded projects on Security and Cloud Technologies.
The proficient teams at Kogent Learning Solutions Inc. and Dreamtech Press have seized the market of engineering textbooks, bringing excellent content in engineering and technical education to the fore. The teams at Kogent Learning Solutions, Inc. and Dreamtech Press are committed to providing excellence in quality of content by judiciously analyzing the needs of its readers and ensuring dedication of its authors and editors in catering to these needs.