The book Computer Fundamentals helps you to learn about the computer technology, such as algorithms, binary arithmetic, and multiplexers and also helps you to explore the computer devices, such as mouse, keyboard, and printers. This book also helps you to understand the basic functionalities of the computer applications, such as Windows 7, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint. The book provides lots of examples in an easy-to-understand language along with exercises at the end of each chapter.
In this book, you learn about:
- Algorithms, three basic operations, and algorithm procedures and programs
- Data representation, including the symbols, generic formulas, ASCII code and EBCDIC code, and the multimedia, such as digital images, audios, and videos and their conversion
- Binary arithmetic, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; and logic gates, including half header, full header, and logic operations
- Data storage memory, including main memory, RAM, ROM, and cache memory; data storage disk, including disk, CD, and DVD; and VDU and printers, including Keyboard, raster scanning, LEDs/LCDs, and Inkjet and Laser printers
- Computer architecture, multiplexers, instruction decoding, instruction execution cycles, operating system, context switch, process management, and memory management
- Characteristics of computer, digital computer systems, and anatomy of a digital computer
- Mouse, keyboard, CPU, monitor, printers, scanners, modem, memory, sound cards, and pen drives
- Windows 7, control panel, Notepad, WordPad, Paint, clock, calendar, calculator
- MS-Word, MS-Excel, and MS-PowerPoint
- Internet, history of Internet, equipment required for Internet connection, and browsers
The proficient team at Kogent Learning Solutions Inc. and Dreamtech Press has seized the market of computer books bringing excellent content in software development to the fore. The team is committed to excellence—excellence in quality of content; excellence in the dedication of its authors and editors; excellence in the attention to detail; and excellence in understanding the needs of their readers.