Programming Microsoft SQL Server 2012 is Your essential guide to key programming features in Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Take your database programming skills to a new level—and build customized applications using the developer tools introduced with SQL Server 2012. This hands-on reference shows you how to design, test, and deploy SQL Server databases through tutorials, practical examples, and code samples. If you’re an experienced SQL Server developer, this book is a must-read for learning how to design and build effective SQL Server 2012 applications.
Discover how to:
- Build and deploy databases using the SQL Server Data Tools IDE
- Query and manipulate complex data with powerful Transact-SQL enhancements
- Integrate non-relational features, including native file streaming and geospatial data types
- Consume data with Microsoft ADO.NET, LINQ, and Entity Framework
- Deliver data using Windows® Communication Foundation (WCF) Data Services and WCF RIA Services
- Move your database to the cloud with Windows Azure™ SQL Database
- Develop Windows Phone cloud applications using SQL Data Sync
- Use SQL Server BI components, including xVelocity in-memory technologies
Leonard Lobel, MVP for SQL Server and a .NET specialist, is a principal consultant at Tallan, Inc., as well as the cofounder and CTO of Sleek Technologies, Inc.