Gain a solid understanding of T-SQL—and write better queries. Master the fundamentals of Transact-SQL—and develop your own code for querying and modifying data in Microsoft SQL Server 2012. Led by a SQL Server expert, you’ll learn the concepts behind T-SQL querying and programming, and then apply your knowledge with exercises in each chapter. Once you understand the logic behind T-SQL, you’ll quickly learn how to write effective code—whether you’re a programmer or database administrator.
Discover how to:
- Work with programming practices unique to T-SQL
- Create database tables and define data integrity
- Query multiple tables using joins and subqueries
- Simplify code and improve maintainability with table expressions
- Implement insert, update, delete, and merge data modification strategies
- Tackle advanced techniques such as window functions, pivoting, and grouping sets
- Control data consistency using isolation levels, and mitigate deadlocks and blocking
- Take T-SQL to the next level with programmable objects
Itzik Ben-Gan, Microsoft MVP for SQL Server since 1999, is cofounder of SolidQ, where he teaches and consults internationally on T-SQL querying, programming, and query tuning. He’s a frequent contributor to SQL Server Pro and MSDN Magazine, and speaks at industry events such as Microsoft TechEd, DevTeach, PASS, and SQL Server Connections.