Build agile and responsive Business Intelligence solutions, Analyze tabular data using the BI Semantic Model (BISM) in SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services—and discover a simpler method for creating corporate-level BI solutions. Led by three BI experts, you’ll learn how to build, deploy, and query a BISM tabular model with step-by-step guides, examples, and best practices. This hands-on book shows you how the tabular model’s in-memory database enables you to perform rapid analytics—whether you’re a professional BI developer new to Analysis Services or already familiar with its multidimensional model.
Discover how to:
- Determine when a tabular or multidimensional model is right for your project
- Build a tabular model using SQL Server Data Tools in Microsoft Visual Studio® 2010
- Integrate data from multiple sources into a single, coherent view of company information
- Use the Data Analysis eXpressions (DAX) language to create calculated columns, measures, and queries
- Choose a data modeling technique that meets your organization’s performance and usability requirements
- Optimize your data model for better performance with xVelocity storage engine
- Manage complex data relationships, such as multicolumn, banding, and many-to-many
- Implement security by establishing administrative and data user roles
Marco Russo, MCT, is a BI consultant and mentor who advises clients on the BI lifecycle and relational and multidimensional design of data warehouses.
Alberto Ferrari is a BI consultant who focuses on a methodological approach to the BI development lifecycle, as well as performance tuning of SQL and ETL code.