Prepare yourself to learn Microsoft .NET programming by grasping the basic concepts that drive all .NET-based languages. If you have absolutely no previous experience, no problem—simply start here! This ebook provides the foundation for all other .NET programming books in the Start Here! series. You will explore programming concepts and techniques with clear explanations, easy-to-follow examples, and exercises.
- Delve into basic object-oriented concepts such as classes and inheritance
- Learn how programs store data in memory, in files, and in databases
- Understand how control statements help programs work
- Become familiar with the widgets for building graphical user interfaces
- Discover how programs take advantage of multicore processors
- Use globalization to provide programs for users throughout the world
- Get an extensive glossary of key programming terms
Evangelos Petroutsos is a computer engineer who has worked for the California Institute of Technology and MCI. Currently, he writes computer books and articles, teaches networking and programming courses, and works as a computer communications consultant. He wrote the bestselling Mastering Visual Basic 6 as well as numerous other books from Sybex, including Mastering Visual Basic .NET, Visual Basic .NET Developer’s Handbook, Mastering Visual Basic .NET Database Programming, Mastering Microsoft Visual Basic 2005, and Mastering Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition.