Learn the fundamentals of modern programming with Microsoft Visual C#—and quickly begin building applications for the desktop, the web, and Windows® Phone 7. If you have absolutely no programming experience, no problem—simply start here! With this hands-on book, you will explore programming concepts and getting started techniques with clear explanations, easy-to-follow examples, and exercises. Then you will put it all together by building your first applications!
- Explore C# and the tools in Microsoft Visual Studio® development environment
- Learn visual design and event-driven programming
- Master the basics of objects and object-oriented programming
- Query collections and data with Language Integrated Query (LINQ)
- Learn how to manipulate XML programmatically
- Practice with exercises, sample code, and sample applications
- Build your first applications for desktop, web, and mobile devices
John Paul Mueller is a freelance author and a technical editor. He has writing in his blood, having produced 49 books and more than 200 articles to date. The topics range from networking to aritficial intelligence and from database management to heads-down programming. His current books include a COM+ programmer’s guide and a book designed to help with home and small office networking. His technical editing skills have helped more than 25 authors refine the content of their manuscripts, some of which are certification related. In addition to book projects, John has provided technical editing services to both Data Based Advisor and Coast Compute magazines. A recognized authority on computer industry certifications, he’s also contributed certification-related articles to magazines such as Visual Basic Developer and SQL Server Professional.