Organized into 40 concise chapters, PowerShell in Depth is the go-to reference for administrators working with Windows PowerShell. Every major shell technique, technology, and tactic is explained and demonstrated, providing a comprehensive reference to almost everything an admin would do in the shell. Written by three experienced authors and PowerShell MVPs, this is the PowerShell book you’ll keep next to your monitor—not on your bookshelf!
- Covers PowerShell 3.0
- Automating time-consuming tasks
- Managing HTML and XML data
- Background jobs and scheduling
- PowerShell security
- Packaging and deploying scripts
- Standard scripting conventions
- Using the .NET Framework in PowerShell scripts
Don Jones, Jeffery Hicks, and Richard Siddaway are Microsoft MVPs who have collectively authored nearly three dozen books on PowerShell and Windows administration.