The book Internet Technologies provides the information on the various protocols. It discusses about various essential protocols used in the Internet technologies, such as ISO/OSI protocol, TCP/IP upper layer protocols, transport layer protocols, host configuration and remote login protocols, protocols used with the World Wide Web (WWW), and protocols used in client server architecture. The book also provides examples in an easy-to understand language along with exercises at the end of each chapter.
In this book, you learn about
- The OSI model, TCP/IP protocol suite, network layer, IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and protocol
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP), Reverse Address Resolution Protocol, Internet Control Message Protocol
- version 4 (ICMPv4), Mobile IP, and Unicast Routing Protocols
- Transport Layer, Transport Layer Protocols, TCP, Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
- Host Configuration, Domain Name System (DNS), Remote Login by using telnet and ssh, File Transfer and
- Access using FTP and TFTP
- World Wide Web (WWW), Electronic Mail, and Network Management
- Client Server Programming, Iterative Connectionless Servers (TCP), and Connection Oriented Servers (UDP)
The proficient team at Kogent Learning Solutions Inc. and Dreamtech Press has seized the market of computer books bringing excellent content in software development to the fore. The team is committed to excellence—excellence in quality of content; excellence in the dedication of its authors and editors; excellence in the attention to detail; and excellence in understanding the needs of their readers.