Take team collaboration to the cloud with Microsoft SharePoint Online. Led by SharePoint expert Phil Wicklund, you willll discover the benefits of maintaining SharePoint 2010 business solutions in either the public or private cloud, and learn step-by-step procedures on how to deploy to both. Ideal for SharePoint architects and IT professionals, this book also helps you determine the return on investment (ROI) for using cloud technologies.
Discover how to:
- Build public cloud SharePoint solutions with Microsoft® Office 365 and SharePoint Online
- Compare the Standard and Dedicated hosting options in SharePoint Online
- Migrate your on-premise SharePoint deployment to SharePoint Online
- Deploy and monitor SharePoint in a private cloud with Hyper-V™ and Microsoft System Center
- Help increase automation, availability, and data-isolation using the multi-tenancy features in SharePoint 2010
- Evaluate the ROI for using cloud-based solutions
Phil Wicklund is a frequent blogger, speaker, and author around SharePoint products and technologies. He started working with SharePoint back in 2003 and has since architected and administered many dozens of corporate SharePoint environments. He started as a SharePoint development instructor for Mindsharp, and has since moved into consulting at RBA Consulting, where he shares real-world insights and in-depth best practices with his clients of many varieties.